AlertSU messages published for general informational purposes.
The Department of Public Safety has been notified of a missing adult male. He is a visitor on campus and was last seen in the area of the Main Quad and Cantor Arts Center at approx. 1:30pm today.
The missing male, named Danny, is 87 years of age and described as a Chinese male, 5’7" tall and approximately 160 pounds. He has brown eyes and gray hair. He was last seen wearing a black jacket, white and black checkered shirt, black pants, and carrying a black messenger bag.
If seen, please contact the Stanford University Department of Public Safety at 650-329-2413.
- Be aware of your surroundings and know your location at all times.
- Avoid distractions such as talking or texting with a cell phone when on foot.
- Walk or run on lighted and paved paths with the blue 911 emergency telephone towers.
- Refer to the Suggested Routes Map at: https://stanford.app.box.com/v/Suggested-Travel-Routes-Map
- Walk or run in pairs or groups, especially at night.
- Report suspicious activity or behavior immediately by dialing 911, 9-911 from a campus phone, or activating a 911 emergency tower.
- For a free safety escort (9:00pm to 2:00am), please call (650) 725-SURE (Stanford United for Risk Elimination)
Dish Closure – Red Flag Warning
The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning in parts of the Bay Area, particularly at higher elevations, from 10 p.m. Friday, December 15, to 10 a.m. Sunday, December 17, due to a dry weather system moving into the region that is expected to bring gusty winds and low humidity.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast, and it represents the weather service’s highest level of fire alert.
Out of an abundance of caution, and recognizing the devastating wildfires that have occurred in California recently, the Stanford Dish will be closed to public use for the entire day on Saturday, December 16. The Dish will reopen to the public on Sunday, December 17, at 10 a.m.
The Matadero Trail in the Stanford foothills also will be closed during this period.
We appreciate the community’s understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this closure poses. Any updates that are issued over the weekend will be available at police.stanford.edu.