Annual AlertSU System Test POSTPONED
The annual test of the campus AlertSU system, originally scheduled for Thursday, October 12, has been postponed. Once a new date has been confirmed, a community message with that information will be shared.
You can take a few simple steps to ensure that you receive timely AlertSU emergency alerts.
- Verify that your contact information is correct in Axess (students) or StanfordYou (faculty and staff).
- Students: In Axess, make sure there is an entry in the mobile phone field as this is the most rapid and direct way to communicate with you during an emergency.
- Faculty and Staff: In StanfordWho, make sure there is an entry in the mobile phone field, as this is the most rapid and direct way of communication with you during an actual emergency. As a reminder: the university requires that employees maintain their directory entry and opt in to AlertSU with their work phone number, email address, and any university-issued or reimbursed cell phone number. Please click here for step by step instructions on how to enter your contact information in StanfordYou or visit https://police.stanford.edu/alert/alertsu-faq.html for more information.
- In order to know you are receiving an official AlertSU message, please program the following information into your mobile phone contacts.
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 650-725-5555
- Text Message phone number: 89361
- Members of the public and those without a profile in Axess or StanfordWho can receive emergency alerts by downloading the Stanford mobile app and enabling push notifications.
In an emergency, the AlertSU message will contain specific instructions. Notify others near you to ensure they are aware of the situation and recommended safety precautions.
Other sources of information about critical incidents include:
- Stanford’s emergency website: https://emergency.stanford.eduemergency.stanford.edu
- Department of Public Safety website: https://police.stanford.edu
- Social Media: Twitter/Instagram @Stanford
- University emergency information hotlines: 650-725-5555 and 844-253-7878 (844-AlertSU)
- KZSU 90.1 FM
For more information about the AlertSU system, please visit the AlertSU FAQ page at: https://police.stanford.edu/alertsu-faq.html.
Learn more about campus evacuation procedures and how to respond to emergencies at cardinalready.stanford.edu.