Heat Wave Tips and Respite Areas
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for much of California due to a heat wave beginning Friday morning and continuing through Sunday evening. As periods of elevated temperatures are likely to occur multiple times over this summer and fall, this message provides information about Stanford resources.
University staff are taking measures to prepare campus for this weekend’s expected heat wave and will remain informed about potential impacts to campus.
For those on campus, facilities with air conditioning will be accessible through the weekend. Please note that computer clusters in all student residences are air conditioned as well.
Accessible Air-Conditioned Locations:
- Green Library
- Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center
- Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation
- Tresidder Memorial Union
- Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Graduate Community Center
- Munger, Jacobson-Sorensen Hall, Lobby
- Arrillaga Family Dining Commons (7 AM – 8 PM)
- Kennedy Commons Great Room (reserve through front desk)
- EVGR common areas on the first floor of Buildings B and C
- AOERC Avery Rec Pool. Check for hours.
Find hot-weather resources and tips on preparing, both on campus and elsewhere, at heatreadyca.com.
In the event of an emergency at Stanford, visit emergency.stanford.edu for updates.