Monday update on air quality
As of 10 a.m. Monday morning, the measured Air Quality Index reading at the nearest monitoring station in Redwood City was 164 for particle pollution, indicating that local air quality remains in the “unhealthy” category.
As such, it is recommended that members of the Stanford community continue following precautions for their personal health and comfort due to the continuing presence of wildfire smoke. For more information, please continue to refer to the Environmental Health & Safety campus advisory, which includes these recommendations:
- Limit strenuous outdoor activity where possible.
- For more susceptible populations including older adults, children, and those with pulmonary/respiratory conditions, minimize time spent outdoors.
- When indoors, keep windows and doors closed.
- In vehicles, use air-recirculation mode.
- Drink plenty of water to help minimize potential irritation.